Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon
Gregory J. Liebscher, MD, FACS, is a Mayo Clinic-trained and ABPS board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon offering the highest level of plastic surgery in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Dr. Liebscher offers surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures for the breast, body, and face. Dr. Liebscher also offers reconstructive plastic surgery procedures. For cosmetic procedures, patients can schedule a free in-person consultation with plastic surgeon, Dr. Liebscher, to discuss a treatment plan which includes the time, risks, discomfort, and expected outcomes. Overall, plastic and cosmetic procedures are highly successful and deliver lasting, satisfying results.
What Does a Plastic Surgeon Do?
A plastic surgeon performs what is known as plastic surgery to restore and improve function (reconstructive surgery), as well as appearance (cosmetic surgery). It can involve surgery on any part of the body, except the central nervous system, including, but not limited to, the following:
- skin (including skin cancer, scars, burns, birthmarks, tattoo removal)
- maxillofacial (the facial skeleton)
- congenital anomalies (including deformed ears, cleft palate, cleft lip)
- 1992 – 1994, FELLOW, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- 1987 – 1992, RESIDENT, General Surgery, St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
- 1983 – 1987, MEDICAL SCHOOL, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- 1979 – 1983, UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, General Surgery, 1993
- Board Certification: The American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1996
- Fellow American College of Surgery, 2002
Video: Get to Know Dr. Liebscher
In this video, Dr. Greg Liebscher, shares his medical background, special areas of interest, and personal philosophy of care:
Insist On Receiving Your Care from a ‘Certified’ Plastic Surgeon
Though it may seem like every physician performing plastic or cosmetic surgery is a board-certified plastic surgeon, countless stories and victims can tell you otherwise.
In the United States, most states allow physicians to perform plastic or cosmetic surgery on patients. However, just because each physician is board-certified in their own specialty does not mean they are board-certified for plastic surgery, most importantly, by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Patients looking to undergo plastic or cosmetic surgery can reduce their risks of seeing an unskilled physician by making sure they find a plastic surgeon who is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and/or by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
NOTE: Out of the 24 boards approved by the American Board of Medical Specialists, only the American Board of Plastic Surgery is approved to perform plastic surgery on the entire body, including the face.
By making sure you find a board-certified plastic surgeon, you can reduce your risks for complicated surgeries in countless ways.
In order for a physician to become a board-certified plastic surgeon, they must:
- Finish five years of plastic surgery and general surgery training combined throughout their residency.
- Pass their written and oral exams.
- Graduate from a medical school that is accredited.
- Have the proper training and proper tools.
Though plastic surgeons need their certification, they also need their membership for ASPS, which requires plastic surgeons to continue certain medical courses, as well as follow a strict code of ethics. With ASPS, every plastic surgeon must perform surgery in accredited medical facilities only.
Physicians may be able to perform plastic surgery, but only board-certified physicians are kept up-to-date when it comes to new advancements and issues in technology.
All patients will want to look for their physician’s ASPS certification in order to make sure their physician meets these guidelines and qualifications.
Insist on a ‘TOP DOC’: Dr. Liebscher was recently selected as ‘Top Doc, Plastic Surgeon’ for the El Paso County area by the Colorado Springs Business Journal. Dr. Liebscher was also recently identified as a “Top Doc, Plastic Surgeon’ in Style Magazine.
Choose a Top Plastic Surgeon in Colorado Springs
To schedule a free and private in-person consultation with one of the most practiced and respected plastic surgeons in Colorado Springs, Gregory J. Liebscher, MD, FACS, call 719-634-2503.