According to BreastImplantSafety.org, breast augmentation can enhance your appearance but may not necessarily give you an ideal appearance.
Before electing for breast augmentation plastic surgery, you should think carefully about your outcome expectations and discuss them with your plastic surgeon. According to breastimplantsafety.org …
The best candidates for breast augmentation (sometimes referred to as breast enhancement or breast enlargement) are women who are looking for improvement, not perfection, in the way they look. If a woman is physically healthy and realistic in her expectations, she may be a good candidate for this surgery. It is important to discuss your individual expectations regarding the change you seek in the shape and size of your breast with your doctor who will be able to consider the optimal surgical approach to satisfy your desired outcome. Breast augmentation may be a good option for you if you have at least one the following conditions or traits:
- you consider your breasts to be too small or under-developed
- you believe your figure is out of proportion due to small breasts and in turn, make your hips appear wider
- you feel you have limited choices of flattering clothing or swim wear styles due to small breasts
- you are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging
- you are unhappy with the upper part of the breast appearing empty
- your breasts have asymmetry or vary in size or shape from one another
- you currently have breast implants, and are experiencing problems with them
- one or both breasts failed to develop normally, or have an unnatural, elongated shape
Dr. Greg Liebscher is Mayo Clinic-trained, ASPS Member and ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and specializes in breast augmentation procedures. Call 719-634-2503 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your breast implant procedure and get facts about breast augmentation safety.