The success and safety of your cosmetic facial procedure (facelift, eyelid surgery, brow lift, etc.) depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation.
You’ll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Be prapared to discuss:
- why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcomes
- medical conditions, drug allergies and previous medical treatments
- use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- previous surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- take photographs for your medical record
- discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- discuss likely outcomes of facial plastic surgery and any risks or potential complications
When you visit Dr. Liebscher, you will greeted by his staff who will also be a tremendous resource as you navigate the scheduling, financing, and preparation for your procedure. If you ever have questions, you can ask his staff and if they don’t have the answer, they’ll know how to get a good answer for you.
Another thing to keep in mind is that not all results are the same. Dr. Greg Liebscher will be upfront with you about expected outcomes along with the associated risks that come with any procedure. Having this information will help you make an informed and confident decision.
It’s also not a bad idea to bring a significant other to your consultation. Ultimately, you must make your own healthcare decision, but it can be helpful to have a friend or a family member with you to help think of questions and consider options.
Finally, you may want to talk to more than one cosmetic surgeon to make sure you’re getting consistent, accurate information about your procedure. A good surgeon will not pressure or rush you into any decision. Be sure to take your time and do what’s best for you. You’re the one who ultimately lives with any decision you make.
[Source: American Society of Plastic Surgeons]